The Bible encourages us…
“Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
God showed how much He loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and His love is brought to full expression in us!”
1 John 4: 7-12 New Living Translation
We ALL need encouragement from others to make it through this life. God designed us that way! Immanuel is a place that cares for people. We seek to be loving and helpful because that is what the body of Christ is intended to look like. Please feel free to contact us for all your spiritual needs, from counseling and prayer, from grief to planning a wedding, we are here to help.
Shut-ins receive monthly visits by our pastor and visitation team.
Communion is offered monthly in the home.
Lifeline information is available through our church office, 664-6691.
Lifeline is a personal response service ensuring prompt, caring help at the press of a button 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Lifeline with Reminders is an extra service that helps manage medications..
Call 1-888-877-4895 for information on installation and monthly service fees. For more information, visit the LifeLine website.
A Pastor can be contacted to provide spiritual or crisis counseling for members and non-members. Pastor will refer on-going counseling problems to professional Christian counselors.
Email or call the church office at 361-664-6691 to set up an appointment.
Weddings at ILC are services of worship. It is a priority at Immanuel to plan a service which will give praise, thanks, and glory to God.
Please complete the following arrangements before making further plans for the wedding:
- Date – Call the church office and set the date for your wedding as far in advance of the wedding as possible. Holy Week (Palm Sunday to Easter) is the one week of the year when marriages are out of place.
- Premarital Counseling – All couples being married at ILC are required to participate in several sessions. These sessions will be scheduled at a time agreeable with you and the pastor.
- Rehearsal – If the wedding party consists of more than four people, a rehearsal is necessary. This should be arranged with the pastor. Rehearsals are usually held the day before the wedding.
- License – The State of Texas requires that a valid marriage license be obtained from the county clerk’s office before a marriage may be performed. This license should be given to the pastor at least one day prior to the wedding.
- Wedding Manual – Please obtain a copy of our Wedding Manual from the church office or by clicking here. This will answer all your questions about using Immanuel for your wedding, including:
- Clergy options
- Planning the service
- Music, decorations
- Dressing areas
- Fees, etc. There are no fees for members.
Please contact the Pastor or church office as soon as possible if there is a death in your family. Our Pastor and evangelism committee will contact you to express sympathy and to see what the church can do to serve you in this time of need. Our designated Shepherds will notify the congregation concerning funeral times, and will pray for your family. A reception and meal can be arranged after the funeral, if you wish.
There are no fees for members of ILC. Non-members may contact the church office for a description of the fees for building use.
As soon as the church office is notified of a hospital stay, our pastor will call on the family.
Daily or weekly visits will continue as long as needed.
Call the church office at 361-664-6691, or send an email to the church to let us know of a hospital stay.
Financial and Practical Care
Immanuel Lutheran Church makes annual donations to St. Vincent de Paul’s, located at 409 E. Main in Alice, Texas. They are open Tuesday through Thursday from 2 to 4 pm and can help with food, clothing, short-term shelter and electrical bills.
ILC does not give money directly to individuals and does not have a food pantry.
The Alice Food Pantry, located at 311 E. Main behind Trash & Treasure, is open Monday through Friday from 1-3 p.m. and will also help with emergency provisions.
Angel Food Ministry
“A Food Ministry with a Servant’s Heart” This program is not just for people with low or fixed incomes; it’s open to everyone. Questions? Contact Agape House Fellowship at 361-664-0051 or 361-664-7241.
Zumba Fitness Basic1 & Gold by Dolly
$5.00/hour or $30 for the month
Yoga by Dolly
$5.00/hour or $30 for the month